Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have literally thousands of pieces of silicon hoses sitting on my shop shelves. Reducers, straights, elbows, reducing elbows etc. You think anything like that could be used to make the connection? If so I'll gladly send the person willing to try a carb swap what ever pieces can be identified to possibly assist. Tig welder and lots of alloy bits too. I'm sure we can make something work. Anyone more familiar with tuning these tiny engines want to weigh in on the potential value or downfalls of this?

Quote Originally Posted by firefightermatt View Post
    You have to remember that the carb we have is 28mm and so are the mounts. If you go with a bigger carb you will have to try to find a bigger rubber mount for the engine side as well as the airbox side.

Quote Originally Posted by angelr View Post
    If only we were just a little closer.... would be nice to have someone nearby with one of these that's enthusiastic about it. Not just stuck with it or trying to unload it on ebay/craigslist. Do a little research on removing the airbox before you go that route if you haven't already. These cv carbs apparently don't like that and won't show the expected gains, and worse still, may show losses. My background is in tuning forced induction cars so I don't know too much but a little reading showed sound reasoning. Resonance tuning and what not. I have a uni filter coming and will look later at possibly sourcing a suitable upgrade for the carb.

higher comp piston, carb, cam..... could be quick :)
    Forchetto is the expert on the airbox change as he tried it and said it didn't work well.

Per a question in an earlier post; with my 16/44 combination I am hitting 6000 rpm @ 60 mph. I am learning, however, that my speedo is way off. I put on a bicycle speedo and calibrated it to the wheel size. It is showing a 10 mph difference at 40 and above. The wife and I are going to check the bicycle speedo to our car tomorrow to see if the it is calibrated correctly. But, as forchetto also said the tach is suspect also.

Got a gps?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Got a gps?

CC
    No, I wish but I don't have a use for it beyond this. We're just going to run side by side at different speeds to compair. I can adjust the speedo from this to get as close to reality so I can get a true MPG reading. I think the main problem is that, as you stated in another post, that the same speedo is used on a number of bikes. If my XF200 and the XP200 use the same speedo, and I'm pretty sure they do, then one of the models will be off as I can't see that Qingqi would go through the trouble of calibrating the speedo to each model.

Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    No, I wish but I don't have a use for it beyond this. We're just going to run side by side at different speeds to compair. I can adjust the speedo from this to get as close to reality so I can get a true MPG reading. I think the main problem is that, as you stated in another post, that the same speedo is used on a number of bikes. If my XF200 and the XP200 use the same speedo, and I'm pretty sure they do, then one of the models will be off as I can't see that Qingqi would go through the trouble of calibrating the speedo to each model.
    The speedo drive unit that goes between the front wheel and axle is different between the motard and dual-sport models. I asked about this at the QingQi factory when we discussed 21" vs 17" front wheels.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #56 Re: Qingqi QM200GY / Qlink XF200 alternative sprockets 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hi i checked mine today but has a 51 tooth rear and 15 front is this a good setup has anyone tryed i cant ride bike till march im doing it up ready for my licence

7. #57 Re: Qingqi QM200GY / Qlink XF200 alternative sprockets 
    Quote Originally Posted by mickandkat View Post
    hi i checked mine today but has a 51 tooth rear and 15 front is this a good setup has anyone tryed i cant ride bike till march im doing it up ready for my licence
    That a 428 chain?

CC

8. #58 Re: Qingqi QM200GY / Qlink XF200 alternative sprockets 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hi yes with the 428 chain ..

9. #59 Re: Qingqi QM200GY / Qlink XF200 alternative sprockets 
    I guess a 51T 520 would be huge!

Anywho, dropping to 47 or so may improve your top speed a bit and give you longer legs. IIRC, there's not much room to enlarge the front sprocket so dropping the rear is not a bad idea. ChinaV and a couple others have played around with the gearing ratios on the QingQi's a good bit... and I think there are already some threads on MCM about that very topic if you dig around.

CC

10. #60 Re: Qingqi QM200GY / Qlink XF200 alternative sprockets 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    so is it right the less teeth on rear the better top end speed?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast