Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    Thank you for your help.
    Another financial burdon has just come my way and now i cannot afford a regal at all. my limt has dropped to about 3-4,000rmb so im going to just buy a cheap bike that will break down after 4 months then see what state my finances are in. with any luck i will be able to buy a better bike then.
    good buy 250cc, hello 50cc well maybe a 125 if i can push it a bit

2. #62 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Would you say that at that price range, the DD250G-2 is still the best value for money? Or would you say a YBR125 fuel injection would be a better choice? I guess it's power vs build quality. I still haven't seen the new shape YBR125. Is it identical to the YBR250? Saw that the other day and wish it was half the price

3. #63 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    YBR125 isn't fuel injected yet.

Maybe, if I were buying again I would take a serious look at Qingqi QM250-2D:
    Not sure on price for this one though, although it would have mostly Suzuki technology. Of course I'd still prefer a twin.

DD250G-2 is good value, but it has serious issues with build quality especially the exhaust system and speed/rev display console. If you lived in a city where parts and labor were cheap, knew extensive Chinese, and knew your way around a bike it would be a project bike that after some fixing and settling it might be an OK machine as mine is, however if you wanted to ride something 'out of the box' I'd go for something else.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

4. #64 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    According to the Yamaha website:

The YBR125 is a motorcycle with the power to take you where you want to go. Eager to please, this punchy 4-stroke will happily propel you around city streets with its smooth fuel injection and five-speed gearbox. It features a refined instrument panel, advanced muffler design, passenger grab bars and tank covers on the side for protection.

I have also confirmed this with my local dealer.

I'm more after a street bike for city riding and the occasional long ride on the weekends. Definitely be more of an out of the box kind of rider...

5. #65 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    The YBR125 available in western countries is fuel injected, however that isn't made in China, it's made in Japan. Jianshe Yamaha China may have switched over/be switching over/will switch over to FI for their YBR125, just take a look in the dealers at the actual bikes in the showroom, fuel injector or carburetor? The 2009 bike was definitely carb. Also take a look at the Sundiro Honda CBF150 and CBX150.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

6. #66 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Good to know. How can you tell if the bike is fuel injected by looking at it? The dealer sent me some pics of the bike but it may be hard to tell without looking at the actual bike. If the fuel injected model is available, do you think this will make a big difference on performance? Will check out those other bikes also.

Thanks for your help.

7. #67 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    See photos of the actual bike...bike 2.jpgbike 3.jpgbike 1 ybr.jpg

8. #68 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    The YBR125 has a carb in China. They were on display in the ChongQing motorcycle show and the only model shown was the one with a carb and the more modern headlight.

The one shown in your pictures definitely has a carb.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 03:33 AM.

9. #69 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What should I be looking for to see if there is a carburetor? I have one dealer who assures me that he has one with the fuel injection.

10. #70 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    On the rear fairing, just under the seat (i think right side), you should read "Fuel Injected". I saw one fuel injected 125 YBR at the local Kunming dealer last year.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast