Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    So a fuel injector will look something like this, except on the bike you will see some specifically electrical wires leading away and a few hoses.

A carb looks like this:

So the difference is: If you move the throttle grip, a throttle body on the carb will move if you have a carb. If you have FI then when you move the throttle grip nothing will move visibly. Also a fuel injector has electrical wires.

Also FI is so rare on Chinese motorcycles it will probably be written down the side of the bike!
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #72 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anyone have a more technical explanation? Printed words on a bit of fairing don't really cut it in China!

3. #73 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    I think the photos ZMC posted should make it pretty clear. You will notice that a FI unit looks like a straight tube going into the motor and a carb has a big resevoir on the bottom that holds gas. If you don't understand those, feel free to send pics of the bike you are going to buy and we will verify the FI for you. Again, the pics you posted before are not FI as you can clearly see the carb.

Here are some more pics showing FI vs Carburetor

Fuel Injected:

Carburated:

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 11-09-2010 at 11:57 AM.

4. #74 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That's perfect! Thanks a lot guys.

5. #75 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Now how much difference will the fuel injection make? Will there be a substantial difference in power? Possibly bringing it in line with a Chinese 250?!

6. #76 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Btw, apologies ZMC, I didn't see your post when making my earlier comment.

7. #77 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    [...]
    We removed the exhaust system and noticed that the exhaust was noticeably loose and and couldn't be tightened effectively. So we put two of these brass o-rings on each connection area:

We then put exhaust sealant on the connections and tightened the system properly until very tight. Seems as though the tighter the system the less vibrations there are. We did this at a professional exhaust service and replacement garage for cars and motorcycles. Avoid car only garages as they seem not to understand the needs of motorcycles and how to effectively seal systems.

Will post more pics when we have done further mods.

I forgot to mention, tighten all the bolts yourself with threadlock if you have it using a 13mm socket until very tight as Chinese rarely tighten things adequately as they are scared of shearing or threading bolts.

In another post: "I bought the bike knowing it wasn't perfect and have improved it so far by dampening down everywhere I can with pieces of rubber"
    Hey.

I bought a RR DD250G-2 last week here in Shanghai (paid 13000 though, but I clearly didn't bargain hard enough).

I'm aware that it's a Chinese bike and I'd like to have it deteriorating as slow as possible.

So I was reading ur thread with special care, but since knowing near nothing about motorcycles (that RR's my 1st bike that ain't a moped) I was wondering if u could post pics of where u put those brass rings & rubber pads, someday when u got some time.

It would be highly appreciated.

I know a good moto mechanic here who could get it all done without giving me the laowai price, but my technical Chinese being quite poor some pics could make communication easier...

PS: I already have vibrations when front braking, after 300km. I guess I also should have this taken care of not too late...

8. #78 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Braillce, unbolt anything that isn't needed that might buzz or hum. After that get tools and tighten every bolt you can find, making special note of the bolts that hold the engine to the frame. Also have a look for anything 'not quite right' such as poorly installed clutch lever and a choke which isn't properly installed. Do supervise a good mechanic, do NOT leave any Chinese mechanic alone with your bike, they always under-tighten bolts and only use grease if you ask. Also you could remove the exhaust box underneath the bike and drill it out to get a more gases out of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Orient Express
    Now how much difference will the fuel injection make? Will there be a substantial difference in power? Possibly bringing it in line with a Chinese 250?!
    Not likely, probably you gain 10% torque and power above a regular bike, and maybe save up to 10-20% in fuel consumption.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

9. #79 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Orient Express View Post
    The real difference is going to altitudes +4000m .. if carburator, then bike will feel underpowered. It will still run though, take a look at this RR from advriders, a guy on a much less capable used Chinese bike kunming to Tibet and further to border.. China to Pakistan.. on a less than fuel injected bike :P
    Last edited by slabo; 11-12-2010 at 02:57 PM.

10. #80 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2 
    OK.

I went to my mechanic this week end and had him tighten all bolts, some were so loose (rear suspension to frame) he had to make 3 full turns...

Clutch lever was half way lost.

I'll go back for a special care on the engine to frame ones.

I think I'll wait the end of warranty to operate the exhaust box...

Thanks for advises.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast