Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: My first mountain run-JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Lion,

Fun stuff, but where are the pix of your own steed?
    Dear euphonius

My motor stoped near the river,I didn't take my camera,but it doesn't matter.

And a question: With all those guys riding international brands, including some very heavy artillery, how did they relate to you and your Jialing? Did they give you shit for having a Chinese bike, or did they admire you for placing your bet on the one of the best Chinese-made bikes? Or something in between?
    There are some very heavy artilleries,most of them are,but not all those guys riding international brands,don't you see some scooters there?Actually,I don't understand what do you mean by "how did they relate to you and your Jialing? ",It's my first time to join this group ride,I just see everybody smiles,happiness,and relaxation,no arrogant or scorn to somebody who rides small motor,I don't know whether they admire my JH600,just like I don't know whether I admire these artilleries,I just know we are friends through riding motor,it doesn't matter what kind of motor you ride.Everybody has their own choice,meeting strangers and making friends and enjoying the enjoyment are the key point.Maybe it can show something,one situation like that,group ride through traffic,I ride so slowly to avoid hit the cars,and I think I got lost,but when I struggled to pass the traffic,see four guys waiting for me beside the road(maybe wait more than thirty minutes),cause they didn't want to lose anyone.When I ride out from the gas station,I can't cross the road cause my bad skill and lots of cars on the road,one member who I don't know him actually,stand on the road,stop the car to help me ride out safety......

I get that crap all the time. Everyone wants my JH600 to be a Harley, and when they find out it's a 国产 from Chongqing they get confused! It's even more fun when Motokai and I ride somewhere together -- 两个老外骑国产车!Who is the bigger fool -- us making the best of what China has to offer, or them paying absurd, obscene prices for imported bikes, many of which seem not even to be legally registered?

I think it's normal for foreingers riding jh600 or some motors made in China,the opposite is normal too,just depends on their choice and their interesting.It's not big deal in my opinion.

Whatever you do, ride your own pace and don't be tempted to go beyond your own limits. Yes, some of those bikes go a lot faster than your Jialing. Who fucking cares?

Thanks for your reminding.One of members from this group told me,after you ride around 5000km,you just know your motor,20000km you konw better,50000km you master it,I'm on the way.

cheers

2. #22 Re: My first mountain run-JH600 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Lion:

Those are great pics, and congratulations on getting out and enjoying the ride!

One of the nicest things I see about Chinese riding clubs is that EVERYONE is welcome ... from scooters to Goldwings, and everything in between. Yes, THAT is what riding is all about!

Get out, ride, enjoy, make new friends ... and ALWAYS ride safely.

Looks like a LOT of fun. Ah, I miss my Goldwing sitting back in Canada. They are nice on an expressway. BUT ... I still firmly believe that for fun in China's mountains & roads, nothing beats a JH600! Fun in the city? My scooter!

Again, thanks!
    Hi,Lao Jia Hou,I couldn't agree more,Get out, ride, enjoy, make new friends ...
    VFR1200F

3. #23 Re: My first mountain run-JH600 
    Maybe it's a mistake to show these pix here,but I promise,they are't 飞车党。。。
    VFR1200F

4. #24 Re: My first mountain run-JH600 
    Hey "Lion" -

Great photos! I'm glad you had fun and congratulations on your first ride. :) I love your descriptive words of "psychological shadow"....cool way to describe "fear" or "insecure" or whatever you wanted to describe....I get it. And no worries - you will be comfortable on the bike in no time!

I got a bit of freeway time myself when I was home for a few days. It's so fun...but still missing enduro action!

Take care and safe riding!
    Meow

5. #25 Re: My first mountain run-JH600 
    Hi Meowzedong...how awsome your name is!

I have read your thread "Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinhai, XinJiang (YSGQX) Ride ",admire you so much,girl on the bike,have a trip alone,what an awsome adventure,I hope I will have an adventure,travel alone,like you.

"Psychological shadow",心理阴影,whatever,you can understand me,it's the most important.

Expect your next adventure,have fun and keep safe.

Cheers.
    Lion.
    VFR1200F

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123