Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: M1NSK ERX 250

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I like the Jupiter, that be a good bike to get around on.
    I rode this bike once in 1994 when I was very young.
    IZ was number two in USSA. Number one was Jawa.

2. #32 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    I would love to have one of these, I enjoy the two into one exhaust on GN250 engine. There are two Suzuki 249cc singles, one is the engine in this Heiwa custom and the other is the engine you will have in your Balt Street 250. The later is EFI in many markets, Siemens EFI? They do not share information on EFI not much anyway. I doubt yours is EFI, it likely has a CV Carburetor, Mikuni for sure.

I enjoy the Heiwa but not entirely, the seat and the lost air box housing are too primitive for me, I also would like a bit more fender. I am not a minimalist entirely, the small bike could handle full instruments they can be small and round and chrome. They have my persimmon to hide all wiring.

Factories that make Suzuki engines can converge into independent distributors it benefits both of them.
    If they can bring the Street 250 to the market in Russia for under 100,000 RUB then seems to me a market exists that could sell many.

So you have these division off these joint ventures, for Qingqi Group it is Pioneer and for the Grand River Group it is Wonjan. I believe that both could be cultivated but I believe that would take some time and talent. Frames and engines and components, that’s about small assembly operation in China that also feed the parts to other small assembly operations, but not to all markets some market get CBU and always if the costs are less, that about tax and duty.

They can make both Pioneer and Wonjan for export and they should, but they also should synchronize that with shipping as units as CKD to other that use their own brand. Nothing that Wonjan has manufactured this far has sold significantly that is based on the GN250 out side china and it pretty much been banned on the mainland, so that engine line is or has to be under review on their side. It may not meet Chinese or even European emissions but it certainly meet the Russian and American standards.

They can stream these into markets if they want to and if priced under $3,000.00 they will sell reasonably well. The current Japanese production centers could not offer the units at that price, they easily are double that in the Japanese market and are $4,000.00 in limited numbers in a different form in the US, the TU250 is not as appealing it actually very vanilla and its spares cost a fortune and in that they cannot offer any real options, it comes in one color.
    (that exhaust cost $800.00) I am not sure who held the focus group on the TU250X but they must have came up with “make it as boring as you can”

3. #33 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    C-Moto Guru
    I like the Jupiter, that be a good bike to get around on.

These are 2-strokes, you know

4. #34 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    Yes, 350cc two strokes with very big mufflers and what looks to be a very big air box too. I am seeing eastern European birch trees along the roads and everyone can hear the bike coming.
    The Jupiter could be fitted with a 320cc water cooled twin that Lifeng is selling.

Last edited by MJH; 06-22-2012 at 04:23 AM.

5. #35 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    The Jupiter could be fitted with a 320cc water cooled twin that Lifeng is selling.
    http://izhmoto.ru/production/road_motorcycles/unker

11466.jpg

6. #36 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    that is a very nice looking bike does remind me of the Honda CB223S with a blend of Triumph there aswell
    And ancient Gilera 150 too.

Gilera_150.jpg.

BTW, this is thread dedicated to the one of the MMVZ's models. We're losing focus.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #37 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    its a shame Gilera isnt what it used to be anymore
    i started this thread about a minsk whith a chinese engine but im sure like any conversation it converges onto different ground

Kennon

8. #38 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    I bet these are fun to ride….

That is something that Gilera Motors Argentina did, that I sort of like..

Certain colors on certain designs, they should be more careful. The V-CR 250, the name Control is silly. . Looks OK in all black and would look OK two-tone white and black and maybe all silver it would look decent. But the other combination get pretty repulsive….things that make many say NO?

I also like what they did with a standard Chinese GY in their SAHEL.
    Last edited by MJH; 06-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.

9. #39 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    I bet these are fun to ride…
    Name one that is not?

That is something that Gilera Motors Argentina did, that I sort of like..
    See this thread's post #19. I wrote that there is good potential for this one to be an interesting bike. IMO, it is good that there are twin cylinder bikes, which are not cruisers.

BTW, in South America, and Regal Raptor 350 SPT is sold as Jawa, so why some Chinese bike can become a Gilera?

I also like what they did with a standard Chinese GY in their SAHEL.
    Oh my... Blast from the past! Garelli Sahel, my teenage wet dream.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #40 Re: M1NSK ERX 250 
    If done correctly the CMX250 engine could be resurrected into a CD200 Roadmaster, I have seen the Honda engine rated over 20hp a matter of tuning?

All it need is smaller chrome fenders and a better seat just better looking, because that one looks very comfortable.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast