Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 233 of 634 FirstFirst ... 83183213223231232233234235243253283383 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 6336
  1. #2321 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    I think the seat on this thing is rubber. Anybody know if its OK to use Armoral? What do you guys use? My seat is starting to crack and get brittle from the hot TX sun.
    Armoral ? Sure if you are into slippin and a slidin. Do not ever put Armoral on your tires. Me? As soon as it gets cold enough that I won't ride. I am getting it covered in leather.

2. #2322 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    I think the seat on this thing is rubber. Anybody know if its OK to use Armoral? What do you guys use? My seat is starting to crack and get brittle from the hot TX sun.
    Perhaps your link is here, in Xinjiang! Lots of good threads in MCM, lots of good answers!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #2323 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post

You mean this comming Tuesday, or the second Tuesday of this week?

Got your Yamalube 10w 40, and real earth magnetic oil plug ready.

Tuesday's like forever man.

And the saga continues.

Really tho that's great.
    Tell me about it! It's been a long 3 weeks!

4. #2324 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Tried 120 jet from the 105, cutting out full bore. Went back. How important are the washers on the needle? Trying to improve top end, frustrated.

5. #2325 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Tried 120 jet from the 105, cutting out full bore. Went back. How important are the washers on the needle? Trying to improve top end, frustrated.
    I tried the #4 washer, ran a little rough mid range. The next day I took it out. I know I could of tried another one but I wanted to ride. Maybe later on I'll play with it again. But it runs fine so maybe not. Adding a washer enriches the fuel mixture mid range.

Midrange.jpg

6. #2326 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I got my bike up and running and took it out last night around midnight to test the headlight out. Yes, it makes a huge difference. I can see street signs, the lines painted on the road, and imperfections in the pavement. The road to my house is 65 mph, and I was able to see the turn off. The light shines down to illuminate what is directly in front of me (the cattle guard I cross) and what is ahead of me. Motorcycle Metal Steel 5" Wide 30 LED's Super… Search for that on eBay. I drove towards oncoming traffic and nobody flashed me. I've had problems with my electrical system and replaced the stator (alternator/rectifier) so I was really happy to find a system with very little draw. A lot cheaper than an HID system, and easy to do.
    DF 250 RTB

7. #2327 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by rollenrock View Post
    I got my bike up and running and took it out last night around midnight to test the headlight out. Yes, it makes a huge difference. I can see street signs, the lines painted on the road, and imperfections in the pavement. The road to my house is 65 mph, and I was able to see the turn off. The light shines down to illuminate what is directly in front of me (the cattle guard I cross) and what is ahead of me. Motorcycle Metal Steel 5" Wide 30 LED's Super… Search for that on eBay. I drove towards oncoming traffic and nobody flashed me. I've had problems with my electrical system and replaced the stator (alternator/rectifier) so I was really happy to find a system with very little draw. A lot cheaper than an HID system, and easy to do.
    Trouble with this is that when I would go for inspection it is required that the HIGH beams work.. you said that you do not have high beams with this rig set up.

8. #2328 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    ^^ aye what he said , and it was a simple thing to install the car wire harness/headlight inside the bikes original headlight cover to get a much brighter light and have high/low beams

55/65 watt sealed beam headlight that fits - its a , Sylvania H5006 , and the Wiring harness to go with it , fit inside the existing headlamp shell

9. #2329 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    ^^^ I understand what you are saying. I have my bike registered in Arizona and I don't have a vehicle inspection. It makes it easier for me to explore the edges. I have all the parts to return it to the original set-up, and I'm confident I could do it in less than half an hour if necessary. The brightness and visibility has increased so much that it is worth it to me.
    DF 250 RTB

10. #2330 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    ^^ aye what he said , and it was a simple thing to install the car wire harness/headlight inside the bikes original headlight cover to get a much brighter light and have high/low beams
    I went with the 35/45? I think.. but I am gonna go with the 55/65 next go around. easy enough to do. still have issues with the high beam though,already lost it on this bulb.. I am thinking I need a springed can for my lights, as these roads do some serious jarring to this bike..not to mention my teeth...