Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: MC_D250RTB Mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: MC_D250RTB Mods 
    C-Moto Regular
    Today I swapped out the jets for a #42 pilot (slow) jet and a #120 main. I left the needle as factory set and did not re-adjust the idle mixture screw.

Immediately I noticed that a) I now only need 1/2 choke to start the bike cold, b) the popping on deceleration is almost all gone and c) the bike pulls noticeably harder. The Keihin #42 pilot jet I used is a one-piece design as opposed to the 3-piece design that came as stock. I also swapped the float bowl Phillips screws for SS socketheads.

I noticed in the floatbowl that the accelerator pump has its own jet above a spring loaded check valve. There may be tuning capabilities there too.

I have not -yet- played around with the accelerator pump timing, needle clip setting and/or the idle mix screws. I need to get some more seat time with the current set-up. At very least, I think that the #42 jet made a world of difference.

Since I get the jets from the same source as I do for my Triumph business, it would be a no-brainer for me to put together a re-jet kit with instructions and screws. Whatcha-all think? Should I get into the DF parts business?

/M

2. #12 Re: MC_D250RTB Mods 
    C-Moto Regular
    Ooops, posted twice.

3. #13 Re: MC_D250RTB Mods 
    Well I orderd the 38 tooth sprocket last week but they were out of stock. So I went for the 35 tooth sprocket. I installed it on sunday with no problems, took it out out for a test ride man what a difference, I can now cruise down the highway at 55 to 60 without the motor sounding like its going to explode. RPMs have droped down to a comfortable level.

4. #14 Re: MC_D250RTB Mods 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Choctaw I'd like more info on the starter button reroute. Bike is coming out great.

5. #15 Re: MC_D250RTB Mods 
    Sorry all I have been so busy this winter that I neglected my bike and my posting. Still working on bike \. Carb mods I tried didn't work out. Jets didn't help!! Had to change the CDI out because it would not run right, seems mine went bad. Runs better now but still think carb is a piece of junk, going to try another carb, not sure what yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12