Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 252 of 634 FirstFirst ... 102202232242250251252253254262272302402 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 6336
  1. #2511 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Wow, nice job! Love the color scheme.

2. #2512 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    dong fang 250rtb.jpg

I just got the DF250 Bobber from a local dealer, Mad-CityMotorsports.com. They are a dealer in Madison, WI. Amazing customer service!!! Ask for Nick. Anyway, sounds like I'm plugging these guys, but seriously, they rock! My Dong Fang Bobber has been an incredible experience so far. I've never ridden a bike except once when I was 20. This bike is so much fun!!!!! For $1999, such a deal! The only problem I had was the gas tank leaked. Nick at Mad-City ordered me another immediately under warranty and offered to put on another tank from another bobber they had so I could keep on the road since the weather was still so nice!!! Amazing customer experience!!!! They took one of there bikes off sale for a period of time just to take care of a past sale!!! These guys rock!!

I have 800 miles so far and bought a jack from Harbor Freight Tools for a hondo and learned to adjust the chain and I change the oil frequently.

3. #2513 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anybody removed the rear guard and did the rear wheel have to be removed to do it? I want to wrap mine in vinyl

4. #2514 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Anybody removed the rear guard and did the rear wheel have to be removed to do it? I want to wrap mine in vinyl
    What do you mean by the rear guard? The fender could be taken off easily. I picked up a motorcycle jack for 100 bucks and can easily change the oil and adjust the chain with it. Wouldn't take much to take the tires off with the jack.

5. #2515 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sorry its a country thing, we call them guards in the southern hemisphere ( Mud Guards) but yes I mean the fender. I guess not to hard once the wheel is removed , but also have to remove the wiring for lights etc.

6. #2516 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I just checked out my guards and they attached in 6 places. 3 on each side. 1 being the rear blinkers which are also attached to the frame. I can't get my index finger under the screw under the guard attaching the blinker. Would probably be best to remove rear tire first. Gas tank and front fender will be real easy. I'm going with the guard thing from here on out. Enjoy summer. I'm looking forward to snowboarding!

7. #2517 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    You really do not have to remove the rear wheel..but it would be easier for sure.I decided to take off those ugly rear turnsignal lights, and I had to drill holes in the fender as well to accept a home made braket I have for my saddle bags.Never took the wheel off at all. It is a little snug,but it can be done.

8. #2518 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hi all, names Joe and I just got my 250RTB on Monday 11/19. Purchased it from Saferwholesale.com for $2176 shipped. Ordered on a Monday and it came exactly 2 weeks later. Crate was in good shape, bike was in good shape (no damage to speak of). Bike came with MSO, just mailed it back to dealer certified mail with signiture for finalization. So far they have been ok to deal with. I'm 38yo and this is my first street bike. I have done the pre-run adjustments (i.e oil, valves, magnetic oil plug and NGK spark plug) that I have read to do in this thread. Threadlocked all nuts and bolts and so on. Now I have read around 65-70 pages of this thread and most of the links are now gone as with most of your pictures in your how to's. I would like some pics of the smog removal procedure vacuum lock that I have read about here. Also, some how to's on the washer on the neddle for the carb as it is running way to rich. So far I love this bike and being a bicycle mechanic I dont mind wrenching on it myself. But I will need some instruction to proform these tunes. Anyone in Michigan have one of these bikes and was it a pain to get it legal and on the road? I figured I would'nt order the black as most of you already have a black one and I like to be a little different than everyone else so I ordered the blue and I must say it is breath taking. I put on a pair of black drag bars from Sin City bikes on ebay $17 delivered. Think I may remove the horn and replace it with a dual trumpet air horn and place it somewhere in the engine compartment. Also, gonna put on a side mount license plate bracket and get rid of the stupid fender mount taillight. Blinkers are also going to be swapped out. Cant wait to start customizing this thing. Love the sound of the pipe but I think I want it louder, any luck removing the guts of the pipe? Thinking I'm going to wrap the pipe as well as it gets pretty hot. Any mods that you would suggest I make please send my way and any links if possible. Thanks ~pic is with brake being worked on~250RTB.jpg
    Last edited by skullworkz; 11-23-2012 at 10:12 PM.

9. #2519 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

10. #2520 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thanks for the info! Yeah, the plug has alot of carbon build up on it and seems to wanna cut out until it gets warm. Bike has less than 2 miles on it and when you let it run a while it runs good without popping and sputtering but it takes a minute to warm up. I'm wondering if the all of the smog junk and vacuums are what the issue is?