Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Galaxy TGR 250, Qingqi Liger, or Shineray X2? 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    China V .... seems like some sort of competitive event would be in order then.
    a drag race
    a top gear roll on (I,ll concede that now)
    a hill climb, sealed
    a hill climb ,dirt
    a bit of a ride around on the road , just 300km or so
    a few dirt tracks here and there
    a bit of kart track motarding
    a bit of mx tracking
    a weigh in (probably concede this too)
    concours de elegance..yeah just kidding on that one

Sound like a good weekend?
    A great weekend indeed, minus the parts that involve asphalt. You will have to check in with richardktm, as he loves whipping motards around kart tracks and twisty bits. Even though my TGR is fully legal, I've never taken the plates out of the envelope, I can't stand riding the thing on the road.

kikikillercat... If you go to factories and shows, please try to post a few pics and impressions. As you mentioned, there are other Chinese offerings that don't show up in local markets.

I've been posting on MCM forever now and it sucks that we're still talking about the same turds from almost 5 years ago.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #22 Re: Galaxy TGR 250, Qingqi Liger, or Shineray X2? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    As I wrote earlier, I've never seen a Jialing 250cc enduro in the wild, but there is one on their English website (though not that I can find on the Chinese site). It's also been posted in MCM, and sometimes called a Jialing Honda 250. I suspect this bike is not on the list of bikes available here inside the firewall, but I would love to be proved wrong, and would be even happier if it were a decent ride.

Any domestic sightings?

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: Galaxy TGR 250, Qingqi Liger, or Shineray X2? 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear flyingtiger,

Oh, and as for your now-chronic misspelling of Jialing, surely also meant in jest but still nonetheless a bit offensive to those of us who own Jialings and work hard to love them, and generally still regard them as a high-water mark in China's too-slow march toward better quality, if you'd spelled the name correctly in advanced search you'd not be so surprised to learn that Jialing does indeed make a quite respectable enduro, though it's a 150 not a 250. In fact, the JH150GY-3 is owned and loved by quite a few MCM members, a few of whom have posted generously in these pages about wonderful epic journeys across western China where the little bike just gave and gave, albeit with sufficient TLC from their owners. It would be a shame if you missed these threads, since that might be just the little runabout you are looking for. It brought those guys not just hours of entertainment, but days and even weeks and years.

Jialing does make 250cc bikes, but I don't believe I've ever seen one in China. You'll find posts (again, through advanced search) from MCM members in Africa who understandably beat the shit out of them over there, and grow to love them for the way they hold up.

Thanks for your understanding!
    Cheers
    Hey euphonius!

Thanks for your warm words regarding the Jialing 150GY-3. But this is definitely more of a minimalistic touring bike than a genuine enduro. For real off road sports she lacks power. But I guess that flyingtiger might be interested in the new Jialing 223 enduro that is discussed in this thread. a much better power2weight ratio, a sixth gear and EFI (which is ok for weekends but absolutely not ok for touring far from the next pair of brothers with a hammer and a screwdriver)

On this thread I posted my semi/wild sighting: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...223-Enduro-EFI
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123