Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. #131 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Rolled down National Road G324 to Yalong Bay (Sanya) from Haikou, the road goes through the middle of the island and covered the trip previously (JL sidecar run in this thread).
    Nothing major to report, seems a anti drug campaign going on as I have seen a few signs today.

Funny coincident, while I loaded the bike up in Haikou, got a phone call about my mates and family boarding the plane up at HQ Airport Shanghai and thought to myself, hey ~ Top Gear style race, who is first at the Yalong Bay / Sanya hotel reception? The others won by approx. 15 minutes....

The mighty Jialing "Dingaling" ADV Cruiser met the Big Golden Lion at Yalong Bay Sanya on 15:30hrs. Saturday 30/03 (my final pit-stop destination for the Shanghai - Sanya Run to the Sun meeting up with mates and family).
    The bike performed very well and deserves a good rest for a few days, only problem was the fried battery in Jiangxi province.
    All hail the mighty Jialing JH600 bikes!!!

HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND and to those in China ~ enjoy the "Qingming" tomb sweeping holiday.

Sanya.... balmy +30 degr. celsius and the sky is a perfect shade of blue.....
    Attached Images

2. #132 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    had to go to the Hainan Rendevouz the other day, some display vehicle pics attached.... no motorbikes displayed anywhere inside or outside the show: http://www.hainanrendezvous.com/en
    the upcoming Shanghai event in October: http://bundclassic.com/en
    Attached Images

3. #133 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    more Hainan Rendevouz pictures....
    Attached Images

4. #134 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    OMG - these toy pics confirm that I am indeed a peasant.

BTW, the personal hovercraft, personal jet ski, personal helicopters, etc., make me think of James Bond. It would be interesting to see a pic of the actual buyer - usually not quite what one would assume 007 to look like.

5. #135 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    I had a dream about Chinese people with helicopters last year. In the dream there were Chinese people crashing into apartment blocks and losing control and clashing rotors with other helicopters, like a fireball war-zone. I asked 'why do you fly to the shops? It's not even a kilometer, wouldn't it be better to ride a bike?' The reply was 'if not having helicopter you lose much face'.

6. #136 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Who cares about hovercrafts?

It is all about what you (Weibo excluded) don't see there :

Sanya probes sex party rumors

GOVERNMENT officials in Sanya said yesterday they were investigating rumors of sex and drugs parties at a trade show, aimed at China's richest people, in the Hainan Province city.

Online posts featured photographs of high-profile celebrities and young Chinese models at the Hainan Rendez-Vous Lifestyle and Yacht Show held from last Saturday to Tuesday.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Nat...arty%2Brumors/

7. #137 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    OMG - these toy pics confirm that I am indeed a peasant.
    The real Big Boys Toys were parked at the Sanya airport on 1/2 April but did not make it over this year....

Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    It is all about what you (Weibo excluded) don't see there...
    Sanya probes sex party rumors
    C'mon this things never happen here, rumours only you know….. had an interesting week I must say, HRV = Hainan Rendevouz, 200+ supercars around greater Sanya area, invited super rich clowns ($$$$$'s doesn't always buys class and style), 10 heads of countries and one Big Chief for the pre-meeting leading up to the BOAO forum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boao_Forum_for_Asia and never felt so safe in my life staying in the special security zone…. nuff' said….

Sanya probes sex party rumours
    SHANGHAI DAILY Apr 6, 2013

GOVERNMENT officials in Sanya said yesterday they were investigating rumors of sex and drugs parties at a trade show, aimed at China's richest people, in the Hainan Province city.

Online posts featured photographs of high-profile celebrities and young Chinese models at the Hainan Rendez-Vous Lifestyle and Yacht Show held from last Saturday to Tuesday.

The posts quoted "participants in the event" as saying one model earned 600,000 yuan (US$97,000) from sex parties over three evenings and that more than 2,000 condoms were used at just one party.

Several celebrities quickly responded to the rumors stating they were either not at the event or clarifying what really happened.

"Time will tell and the truth should be known: My family is the most important part in my life," wrote Wang Xiaofei, a millionaire businessman who is married to Taiwan actress Barbie Hsu, on his microblog.

Wang said he was in Beijing and Taiwan when the yacht show was being held. He even posted screenshots of the flight information from his mobile phone to prove his innocence.

Xu Yajun, husband of Hsu's sister, Taiwan actress and TV hostess Dee Hsu, wrote on his microblog that either the "sex party things" were purely rumors or something that very few people did during the event.

Other celebrities told reporters they took part in events at the show but described them as "high-end" gatherings or wine parties. Some said the rumors were probably spread by people who weren't able to join them.

The event's organizer published an announcement denying the online allegations.

"False reports about the event have been spread online, damaging the reputation of the event by spreading information unrelated to the company," the announcement said.

"Currently all the rumors widely spread online are not true. The company has never organized such parties and never authorized anyone to do so. All the participants in the event can prove that such things never happened."

According to the rumors, police in Sanya were said to have raided a party and taken some people away for drug tests. However, police have not commented so far.

The annual Hainan Rendez-Vous lifestyle show features hundreds of luxury brands of yachts, business jets and other products.

Last year's event in Sanya attracted more than 20,000 visitors, according to its official website.

************************************************** *****************************************

Back to regular hard island life and bike cruising, went down to Sanya Bay watching the Sanya Cricket Club as some mates play this "game" or lets say look the part while drinking beers…..
    Attached Images

8. #138 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Departed Yalong Bay to head up the West Coast to stay with a mate involved in a huge construction project (hotels and amusement park) after a pit-stop at Sanya Dolphin Sportsbar (Dadonghai): http://www.sanyadolphin.com

Did a bit of grocery shopping opposite Dolphin Sportsbar, called Summer Mall (Corner's Deli 5th.floor for future Sanya visitors, pricey ~ but they carry the best range of imported western food products in greater Sanya area: http://www.corner-s.com

A few new "No Motorcycle" signs are up around Dadonghai and Sanya CBD but seems nobody cares.
    Quick sprint up on the G98 Expressway as motorcycles are not banned it seems....
    Attached Images

9. #139 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Took the Nanshan exit to cruise up the Western coast line (National Road G225) but skipped visiting Nanshan once again as its by far the most popular and crowded tourist attraction on the island today.
    Look at Nanshan here: http://www.nanshan.com/en/

Some praying going on at the street entrance to the Nanshan Cultural Tourism Zone.......
    Attached Images

10. #140 Re: Sanya / Hainan Island 
    Banned
    Old stones gates and wall art in Chongpo (National Road G225).....
    Attached Images

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast