Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 162 of 171 FirstFirst ... 12112142152160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1708
  1. #1611 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by JD630 View Post
    i recently purchased 2010 model.
    its a nice bike. got some shit done to it already. my problem is my rear sprocket is loose. i noticed the bolts were loose so i thightend them,but when u move the sprocket left to right it you can still move it ? if you ride slwoly you can see the wabbly movement of the sprocket.
    please help
    i do have an aftermarket sprocket

2. #1612 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Regarding the 2013 seats, I think the older seats looked better. Maybe not as comfortable but a better design. Maybe it's just the angle but just looks too flat to me. Check out the Rich Phillips black seat at lowbrow customs- goes for $114. I bought one for a moped bobber conversion- sadly couldn't get it to fit but it's a real nice seat. If my Heist doesn't ever sell :( I may change it out. The beautiful brown solo seatI had on my Heist pages ago here is now on the moped.

detail_2137_rich-phillips-solo-seat-black-leather-photo-1.jpg
    Rich Phillips

JD630
    You might have to replace the bushings/mounts. The older Heists actually had some sprockets sheer off on people. That is if you haven't already. Best, Xeta

3. #1613 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Regarding the 2013 seats, I think the older seats looked better. Maybe not as comfortable but a better design. Maybe it's just the angle but just looks too flat to me. Check out the Rich Phillips black seat at lowbrow customs- goes for $114. I bought one for a moped bobber conversion- sadly couldn't get it to fit but it's a real nice seat. If my Heist doesn't ever sell :( I may change it out. The beautiful brown solo seatI had on my Heist pages ago here is now on the moped.

detail_2137_rich-phillips-solo-seat-black-leather-photo-1.jpg
    Rich Phillips

JD630
    You might have to replace the bushings/mounts. The older Heists actually had some sprockets sheer off on people. That is if you haven't already. Best, Xeta
    i have dong fang 250cc not the heist but pretty much is the same thing

4. #1614 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by JD630 View Post
    i have dong fang 250cc not the heist but pretty much is the same thing
    this sprocket has been really bothering me alot.
    xetrapine thanx buddy i will look into that . i like the seat too u think it fgit dong fang
    u guys thing i can still ride to the mechanic which is 20 miles
    its just a bit wabbly
    any recommendations on what would be the issue or a problem that can be fixed
    please any ideas thoughts

5. #1615 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    From what I've read on facebook group, there is a little play in the sprocket which is a normal thing. As long as you replace the bushing/mount you should be fine.

6. #1616 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Got my Heist a few days ago after doing plenty of reading and research, so I'm well aware of the benefits and possible issues of this bike. I love the look and customizability of these bikes. My kids think I'm crazy. "Dad, why do you need THREE bikes? Isn't that too many?"

My answer? "Yup, three is too many. So I have to buy one more, 'cause three is too many but four is a collection."

It's been great so far, aside from a few minor adjustments, with one exception. The speedo is way out. I knew something was off when it read I was doing 50 km/h in a 60 zone, and yet I was keeping up with traffic. Speeding up to an indicated 60 meant I was passing everyone! So, I stuck my handlebar mount for my GPS from my bicycle onto my Heist and discovered that, sure enough, it's about 10 km/h out.

The guys at Toys 4 Boys Motorsports, where I bought it here in Calgary, Canada, have been absolutely great. They're already ordering me a new one on warranty.

The only mod I've done so far, aside from a few minor tweaking and adjustments, is the airbag seat. What a difference from the springs! Well worth it. I'm looking forward to everything else I want to do, including carbs, exhaust, etc.

A few pics of the beast, with a close-up of the airbag suspension and my choice for the valve placement, as well as the GPS that showed the horrendous speedometer error.

2013-04-26 18.35.44.jpg2013-04-26 18.36.24.jpg2013-04-26 18.36.37.jpg2013-04-26 18.36.50.jpg

Now, if this thread would become a bit more active again, all would be well. I refuse to go on Facebook, despite the activity there.

7. #1617 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice bike, I notice the Heist in other countries outside of USA has a different rear finder. I like the short finder US version.

8. #1618 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent214 View Post
    Nice bike, I notice the Heist in other countries outside of USA has a different rear finder. I like the short finder US version.
    Yeah, I suspect there's some regulation for that. A lot of people are cutting their fenders. Not sure if I'm going to do that yet.

Made a few more mods today. Changed the seat up a bit and added some decoration. I'll post pics when I get a chance to snap a few.

9. #1619 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I was finding the stock seat way too flat. I made a small mod to angle it up a bit.

Now it's far more comfortable! I don't feel like I'm about to fall off the back end, and my riding position seems vastly improved.

2013-04-27 13.58.05.jpg

Added a bit of tank decoration. The kids think it's awesome, but I'm a bit undecided if it'll stay on. We'll see...

2013-04-27 17.36.31.jpg2013-04-27 17.36.46.jpg

10. #1620 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice job you did there, you got the 2013 model right?