Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Hey Wald0
    I had similar problems. My dealer sent me out his ECU reader, to try and reset it - he thought it was a service reset code.. But it wasn't, my ECU read 32 errors (all very cryptic) I have screen shots of them all somewhere.. Suffice to say - I needed a new ECU..
    Well that sucks, Wirral you've had the worst luck with these bikes-my advice to you brother is 'get a honda' there just super hard to break. just fixed up a cb250n(98) for the dirt, hadn't even been started for 2.5 years and she was keen as a 2 dollar hooker at a 5 brothel had to touch the old girl in the right places but she lubed up just fine. Wish you luck!

2. #12 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Hey Wald0
    I had similar problems. My dealer sent me out his ECU reader, to try and reset it - he thought it was a service reset code.. But it wasn't, my ECU read 32 errors (all very cryptic) I have screen shots of them all somewhere.. Suffice to say - I needed a new ECU..
    Wau! i hope I got better luck than you did!
    At the moment im still waiting that dealer will get his ecu reader from somewhere, i must say that this CFmoto service in
    hanoi sucks :) but i think so does Benelli because same shop sells those too..

And did ring shop today to ask about oil filters if i could get new one and they said i can get it anywhere??
    but i really don't think its true! did see one british web page where it had 650nk oil filter was HF177 (hiflo)

3. #13 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    Wau! i hope I got better luck than you did!
    At the moment im still waiting that dealer will get his ecu reader from somewhere, i must say that this CFmoto service in
    hanoi sucks :) but i think so does Benelli because same shop sells those too..

And did ring shop today to ask about oil filters if i could get new one and they said i can get it anywhere??
    but i really don't think its true! did see one british web page where it had 650nk oil filter was HF177 (hiflo)
    Sounds like you definitely need to have the ECU checked using the ECU programming terminal. Your dealer if he/she is an authorised CFMoto (&/or Benelli) should be getting such a terminal anyway so that they can competently service the bikes they're selling. It is more a reflection on the dealer, than any manufacturer if the dealer doesn't have the tools at hand to deal with this problem. It might be that your bike has a faulty ECU that will need replacing, which should be done under warranty if your bike is within the warranty period etc.
    As for the oil filter, be careful as the K&N (KN303 (IIRC)) was thought to be the same but from what I read the thread wasn't as deep on the K&N versus OEM oil filter, although there were no oil leaks with the K&N despite the differences.
    If you need help sourcing (buying) any parts from CFMoto then PM me as I can help.

4. #14 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Sounds like you definitely need to have the ECU checked using the ECU programming terminal. Your dealer if he/she is an authorised CFMoto (&/or Benelli) should be getting such a terminal anyway so that they can competently service the bikes they're selling. It is more a reflection on the dealer, than any manufacturer if the dealer doesn't have the tools at hand to deal with this problem. It might be that your bike has a faulty ECU that will need replacing, which should be done under warranty if your bike is within the warranty period etc.
    As for the oil filter, be careful as the K&N (KN303 (IIRC)) was thought to be the same but from what I read the thread wasn't as deep on the K&N versus OEM oil filter, although there were no oil leaks with the K&N despite the differences.
    If you need help sourcing (buying) any parts from CFMoto then PM me as I can help.
    yeah you would think that they would get it! but it's been over week now and i haven't hear anything from them.
    in here Vietnam there is customer service!!! pretty much all shops here think that you are no more than inconvenient to them :)
    and yeah i think it might look like i would need some help to buy stuff. :)

5. #15 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post

So little update: When to shop today (http://www.motorock.vn) and before they said that they will need to ship that ecu reading device to Hanoi,Vietnam but now when i went there they said that I would need to ship bike to Saigon???? So I think that is where their help ends! and about warranty.. they said i would need to have maintenance book and of course that did not come with bike at all!!

so it seems its out of warranty then also, but that don't trouble me so much as this ECU reading device! its not like its big and heavy! sadly don't think even if i could complain this directly to Cfmoto they would just ignore me.

and i doubt i can buy that reader anywhere :(

6. #16 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wald0 View Post
    So little update: When to shop today (http://www.motorock.vn) and before they said that they will need to ship that ecu reading device to Hanoi,Vietnam but now when i went there they said that I would need to ship bike to Saigon???? So I think that is where their help ends! and about warranty.. they said i would need to have maintenance book and of course that did not come with bike at all!!

so it seems its out of warranty then also, but that don't trouble me so much as this ECU reading device! its not like its big and heavy! sadly don't think even if i could complain this directly to Cfmoto they would just ignore me.

and i doubt i can buy that reader anywhere :(
    Hey WaldO, I feel for you buddy.... I've been there... OK the tester is a small hand held device - certainly nothing like other diagnostic equipment I've seen. And is easy to use, it give you instructions on what to do once you select the correct ECU type.. You simply connect it to a dedicated plug under the seat.

The ship the whole bike nonsense is a load of b*ll*x....

As long as the ECU is tested on the same model I cant see any problems.. I know this because when I was sent the replacement ECU - I ran the check again just for the hell of it...

I can remember my supplier asking me to look after the tester as it cost him 300GBP..... I assume that also includes shipping - import duty -VAT tax..

I have sent several emails to CFMoto - never had a reply - not even an automated one.............

If you get stuck, give bikerdoc a shout, he's a sound guy and has helped me out in the past...
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 07-29-2013 at 09:02 AM.

7. #17 Re: 650Nk Error codes 
    C-Moto Senior
    So.. I have solved that 15 short blinks and IT WAS that Service reminder :(
    Basically what I did was pull full throttle and turn ignition on.. Waited until EFI lights up turn key off and release throttle. And before this I did not wait that EFI light so it did not work.. Stupid me!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12