Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    can't open link sounds like a fit up TA
    We are all at your service and thank you for your deep and insightful MCM posts, do let me know and shall post several website screenshots taken approx. 5 days ago to refresh any missing memory, after all we are all here to help each other.

Once again, have an enjoyable and relaxed weekend ahead, don't get stressed out too much about life.......

2. #62 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    We are all at your service and thank you for your deep and insightful MCM posts, do let me know and shall post several website screenshots taken approx. 5 days ago to refresh any missing memory, after all we are all here to help each other.

Once again, have an enjoyable and relaxed weekend ahead, don't get stressed out too much about life.......
    I love screenshots and yes i am old now so my memory does fade at times

3. #63 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    You guys are adorable.

4. #64 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    You guys are adorable.
    Thanks Felex adorable i can live with .....moron / idiot club i can't

5. #65 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    Banned
    Hi Guy Plz help me out and thanks in advance!
    Right I'm working in Zibo City Shandong and there rule is no 90 day visa can apply for license in this city :S I found out I can possibly do it in Shnaghai - BUT is there a closer location and lower costs then the agents 1500 yuan?
    I have a New Zealand Bike and car license as well as a EU Car license so should be enough I thought.
    I know I will need to do the basic medical and translate my license.
    I was told I canot do this in Zibo and take to Shanghai
    True false? Who can help out as Im sick of riding a bicycle and want to buy that cool lookingg dual sport Paiggio I seen in the shop for 8800 Yuan!

6. #66 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    You're desperate to get a bike in December, max temperature in Zibo is Oc until February? I thought it was 90 days remaining as a rule across China unless you can get a temporary car license.

Your best bet is to change employer to one that can give you a longer visa, if you can get one I can help you get sorted by March, when the weather improves.

Banned
    I think best is go to shanghai n do it or change visa
    I don't like riding my bicycle I would rather do it all on motorized 2 wheels then pedal power!
    Thanks

8. #68 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    Hi Guy Plz help me out and thanks in advance!
    Right I'm working in Zibo City Shandong and there rule is no 90 day visa can apply for license in this city :S I found out I can possibly do it in Shnaghai - BUT is there a closer location and lower costs then the agents 1500 yuan?
    I have a New Zealand Bike and car license as well as a EU Car license so should be enough I thought.
    I know I will need to do the basic medical and translate my license.
    I was told I canot do this in Zibo and take to Shanghai
    True false? Who can help out as Im sick of riding a bicycle and want to buy that cool lookingg dual sport Paiggio I seen in the shop for 8800 Yuan!
    Wherever you plan to undertake the PRC D/L is where you are required to undertake the translation and medical. You also will have to undertake a theory test. Meaning you can't complete getting the medical and photos etc., in Zibo, Shandong then try and use the same with the authorities in Shanghai or anywhere else for that matter.

If you have only 90 days left on your visa, then you either need to extend the visa, or change the visa category (see my recent post on visa categories in the off topics section).

If your employer can't get you the proper visa e.g. a work visa, then that says a lot about the status of your employer. Also even though an employer can assist with obtaining a visa, everything pertaining to it, is the individuals responsibility and does not absolve the individual should anything be amiss in relation to a visa. Working on a business visa here is illegal - just in case you're not aware of that.

Also if you're thinking about getting a m/c and riding it without a PRC issued D/L then best think such a decision through, as many here (though not all) take a pretty dim view of such activities and attitudes, and don't condone such behaviour.

Driving/riding without a PRC D/L was pretty much well tolerated for a long time, but such attitudes and tolerance has pretty much come to an end especially given more recent events, and if you get yourself into an accident when unlicensed, then you can expect the worst. See the recent post about the foreigner on an unlicensed scooter without a valid PRC D/L that was involved in an accident in BJ very recently.

At the end of the day despite what one may think or feel about the laws, morals, ethics, norms, discrimination etc., whatever each of us as foreigners (temporary residents) do here (minority), resonates and leaves an impression concerning the rest of us foreigners as a collective here (majority) with/on the locals.

Banned
    I'd rather go to Shanghai and do my license or best yet get a correct visa do it local and all possible issues are gone
    Down side I have a EU passport yet I'm NZ resident 30+ years and do not have any accent other then NZ
    I'm working illegally yes - not best
    So best try make it all good etc
    What's the immigration requirements for non English passport? Bachelor in English? I can do something there etc wink wink

10. #70 Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada 
    As I said on the other thread....

Honestly there is no enjoyable riding weather until March, in fact it's often downright dangerous uncomfortably cold and icy until March. If you want to get around the city a mountain bike is best until then, bigger knobbly tires. If you want to ride a motorcycle you need a better visa, as someone employing you on the visa you have now is illegal. You have until March to fix the visa side of things then I can help you get a driving license.

Also you are saying you're not a 'native English speaker' and 'don't have a passport from a country that has English as a native language' and don't have a degree or do?

For a teaching residency visa in Zibo you'll need two or maybe three of the following.....

-Be a 'foreigner'
    -White skin
    -from a native English speaking country
    -university degree
    -1 years experience

That's not the official policy.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast