Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Driven hack wheel? Must be a very clever arrangement, because I sure don't see a drive shaft in any JH600B pictures. I actually think not, but I'd love to be wrong.

Anyway, there is some very neat stuff about this rig: in addition to the reverse, it has three disc brakes, three (four!) equal sized wheels with sidecar specific squared off profile tires, factory high pipe, modern liquid cooled fuel injected engine and useful fairing.

The MSRP of a new Ural rig in the USA is hovering around $11,000-$12,000. If the JH600B is any good, Jialing USA could price it at $8500 and put Ural out of business even without the driven hack wheel. (Not that I'd want IMZ-Ural to go out of business, just that I think there's some market potential here.)

PJ

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    PJ onr the Jialing web site ther is a pic og the transmission gears and it does look like there is a stub shaft on the opposite side of the sprocket.

Could very well be 2wd!
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by PresterJohn View Post
    Driven hack wheel? Must be a very clever arrangement, because I sure don't see a drive shaft in any JH600B pictures. I actually think not, but I'd love to be wrong.

Anyway, there is some very neat stuff about this rig: in addition to the reverse, it has three disc brakes, three (four!) equal sized wheels with sidecar specific squared off profile tires, factory high pipe, modern liquid cooled fuel injected engine and useful fairing.

The MSRP of a new Ural rig in the USA is hovering around $11,000-$12,000. If the JH600B is any good, Jialing USA could price it at $8500 and put Ural out of business even without the driven hack wheel. (Not that I'd want IMZ-Ural to go out of business, just that I think there's some market potential here.)

PJ
    Hi PJ,

Please refer to my reply above. Yes, you can take off the sidecar but you need more modifications to turn it into a 2 wheeler. The wheels on JH600 is 19 front and 17 rear and the tyres are different....You will also be running on 4 gear + a reverse?

Sweet. No side car...20kph in reverse. Sounds like a new ice sport!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

This one better:laugh:
    Attached Images