Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
There is no 650cc parallel twin only a 789cc twin, the G are all 652cc singles the F are all 789cc twins.
They should not have called the F 650 GS that they confused people by doing that they could have called it a F 800 G and a lesser version of the F 800 GS which it is.
MJH, I agree that BMW's changing the nomenclature of their models achieves a great deal of confusion, however the fact remains that my comment in regards to the models being sold as detailed in my post above is what it is. BMW do manufacture and sell both a G650GS single cylinder 650cc dual purpose, alongside a F650GS twin cylinder 650cc (even though it uses the F800GS 800cc engine, it does not produce the same torque, HP etc as the F800GS does). Again while I may agree or disagree with your comments regarding the model naming debacle... it is what it is... either a G650GS single cylinder with Loncin manufactured engine or the F650GS twin cylinder Rotax engine made in Austria. I won't even get into whether or not Kymco Taiwan makes the Rotax twin...