Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 323 of 634 FirstFirst ... 173273303313321322323324325333343373473 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 6336
  1. #3221 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Dont feel bad. I managed to destroy the soft metal phillips screws on my brake reservoir myself. I actually thought it was empty when it was shipped too me. Like an idiot I did not pump it enough times to realized there was fluid in there. Regardless, it works fine now and I didnt even have to bleed the air out.

But since my sight glass is crap on it I will just replace the reservoir with a jap mad aftermarket one if it comes to that. Sadly Crelow, those screws are crap and they are tight. If you dont have the exact perfect size screwdriver driver you do stand a chance at messing them up. And I also have read here that an impact toold is necessary. Learned that the hard way.
    Went to harbor freight for 9.00 I got an extractor set. And then I replace them with Allen screws.
    Like Grado and others say. "Eventually you'll replace them all" one way or another.
    I need to get a new resivour cap as mine came damaged in shipping. But I'm gonna wait for now cause it works.

And I want to teach my son how to ride.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

2. #3222 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Rode my bike to work today in 40 deg weather 12.5 miles each way. I cant get this thing to shift properly, it locks you out of ALL gears while in first at a stop. So, if I come to a stop at a red light and down shift with the clutch held in as I approach the light, once in first and at a complete stop you cant shift anywhere! Anyone have any luck or instructions for syncing the trans? How would I check if the shift linkage is properly adjusted? I need some help here guys, as I am a b-i-c-y-c-l-e mechanic. Any PDF's or web sites would be helpful OH, and here are some freshies of my mistress!!donger.jpgdonge.jpgdong.jpg
    CANT WAIT TO GET MY NEW HEADLIGH INSTALLED!!!
    Last edited by skullworkz; 03-28-2013 at 11:20 PM.

3. #3223 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    And, here is a pic of my new light that is soon to be installed. It's all ghetto for you guys cuz I'm in Detroit HA AH HAHA HAHA!! HA? The magazines are empty cuz the bad guys bought all our bullets and left us to suffer. Actually, they just happened to be there as I was taking this pic because they were being packed for shipping and the $20 bill was all I had in my wallet!gangsta donger.jpg But they are for size ref

4. #3224 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    When I first got mine it would only shift while the bike is moving forward. Even if you have to push it 3-6 inches push it while attempting to shift. That's what I do. I hope this helps. It must take forever for your bike to warm up. I can't wait to see the light installed.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

5. #3225 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    "I need some help here guys"

When I first got mine the clutch wasn't fully disengaging and was causing the gears to hang. I tightened it up a bit by loosening up the two nuts on the clutch cable adjuster, it's in front of the clutch lever that's on the transmission maybe six inches up from the lever. I screwed the first nut until it moved the lever toward the front of the bike a 1/4 inch or so and tightened the second nut to the first to lock it. No problems since.

6. #3226 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Gee Ive been absent for a while as I was working on my other commie bike / the Ural.
    You guys have been busy on the forum. Snow still piled up here but roads dry...Going for first Ride Fri
    Skull, That what I would do as Bob mentioned he did/ first is make sure the clutch cable is adjusted to disengage 100 Percent.
    Shft rod then should be tweeked at the adjustment. Also check thet the shift rod isnt bent a bit?
    Your headlite rocks as does your bike your going to put it on. Let us know on the shifter problem correction outcome.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

7. #3227 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    Gee Ive been absent for a while as I was working on my other commie bike / the Ural.
    You guys have been busy on the forum. Snow still piled up here but roads dry...Going for first Ride Fri
    Skull, That what I would do as Bob mentioned he did/ first is make sure the clutch cable is adjusted to disengage 100 Percent.
    Shft rod then should be tweeked at the adjustment. Also check thet the shift rod isnt bent a bit?
    Your headlite rocks as does your bike your going to put it on. Let us know on the shifter problem correction outcome.

Goodbar, the info has been sent to your inbox.

And, as for the shifting issue. The clutch is adjusted so it will completely disengage with a little play in the lever. And, it shifts great when its cold. Its when it gets warm that it starts shifting like crap. I've checked my oil level and its fine, also seems that the chain needs adjusting fairly often because it's been tightened twice during the 245 miles it has on the Odometer. I understand about chain stretch but have not put a measuring tape to it yet. As for the linkage, when adjusting should I be moving it towards the front or rear of the bike and how do I check my progress?

8. #3228 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    Goodbar, the info has been sent to your inbox.

And, as for the shifting issue. The clutch is adjusted so it will completely disengage with a little play in the lever. And, it shifts great when its cold. Its when it gets warm that it starts shifting like crap. I've checked my oil level and its fine, also seems that the chain needs adjusting fairly often because it's been tightened twice during the 245 miles it has on the Odometer. I understand about chain stretch but have not put a measuring tape to it yet. As for the linkage, when adjusting should I be moving it towards the front or rear of the bike and how do I check my progress?
    Consider the wire stretching? The metal is cheap.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #3229 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:32 PM.

10. #3230 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post

wes.yates- is cakilacky supposed to be california?
    I may be wrong but I beleive he means that he lives in south carolina.....