Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    sooooo...here I am looking at buying this same bike here in CANADA...it's late Nov 2009......How can I tell or find out if the bikes are the "updated" triple tree??
    Kens,

It's worth thoroughly checking out this thread. SuperSignet was nice enough to put the design images of the new and old clamps a couple pages back on this same thread.

OLD CLAMPS

NEW CLAMPS

I doubt they will have imported the old style clamps if the shipment arrived in the US in the past year but check and please let us know if you find anything fishy.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #62 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    thats what I did already was read the whole thread , right after I posted that.
    They tell me that the units in Canada are all made in 2009 for canada so they figure the problem is solved on the bikes.

I'm 600 km from the store so I can exactly just wak in and have a look either.I find it weird that I can not find a anything posted on the net in Canada for this bike,yet they want to set a minimum order amount to get one from the wholesaler.
    Last edited by kens; 12-03-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: edit

3. #63 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    That's a pretty serious drive to pick up some units! You could always see if they'd take a quick photo of the clamps for you but I doubt it's still a problem. I guess shipping to folks in Washington/Oregon/Idaho is out of the question? What are the rules about buying bike in US/CA then bringing it across borders. Is it easy to re-register?

CC

4. #64 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    I do know that the bikes are not CMVSS approved in the out of the box form, they are just dirt bikes.I don't think there is any issue to ship to the USA.My father in law bought his china quad in Washinton state and brought it home no issues ( some gst).

I am going to find out what it would take to plate them in Canada ( first I need to see if the machine is 100% compliant with the BC CVSE (DOT) and CMVSS standards).I will ask at work but if it complys it's mostly just spending money to get it plated.

As for sending them a picture...LOL..she told me they don't open any crates,then she later asked me if I would like to come in and see one so I don't know but she said they are all 2009 models.I did ask for pictures and hopefully I can get a strait on shot of the tripple clamp.
    Last edited by kens; 12-03-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add info

5. #65 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I find it weird that I can not find a anything posted on the net in Canada for this bike,yet they want to set a minimum order amount to get one from the wholesaler.
    That is kind of funny but to get a discount/wholesale price 6 units is not bad at ~1000 bucks a piece. looking at it from the importer's standpoint, they had to order at least a container!

I think we're still going to find mostly small shops pushing these and the last thing they'll want is inventory sitting around, esp. if they don't know much about the bike itself, or how to market it.

Also, if you haven't already, you may want to contact Shineray (our MCM member who works for the company) and ask him for some details on what was done to the bike before exporting to CA. It may or may not be a fruitful querry but it can't hurt.

CC

6. #66 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    I totaly understand thier point as I know they order by the sea can,just this bike does not seem to be a hot seller if it's not on the net.

I like it a lot because it kinda reminds me of my old Kawsaki Ke enduro and it looks like a killer machine for riding out in the boonies like I do out here in the rockies.

I'm going to work on them and see if I can get the min order amount down to 3 bikes. 3 less for them to look at

7. #67 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    I will pm shineray then. Thats a great idea

8. #68 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    Three bikes would be better for you and I hope, for everyone's sake, they're willing to let them go for that quantity.

The paramilitary look is a huge bonus for some mountain/forest wandering folks as well as the super simple design with redundant sparks.

CC

9. #69 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    the triangle clamp have been solved. and there will be camo color XY200GY-7 in North america in next month.
    I'm also looking for distributors if anyone right here turns out to be a importer?
    also if you guys would like to get one in N.A. leave me your contact information to my mail box. I will let my dealer contact you . I think the price will be reasonable and very competitive comparing with other similar dirt bike.
    My MSN/Mail " liu_james2001@yahoo.com

Thank you .
    Shineray Motors.
    Already posted so it's all good

10. #70 Re: Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March" 
    Ok then..I still want to get one, so I'm looking for others intrested in going in on a group buy.I will put the order threw my mechanical company and sell the bike at what ever they cost me.Canada or NW USA should all be good

PM me if your intrested.If I get 6 intrested poeple them maybe we can make it happen soon.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast